Side tables serve a practical purpose and are most often found seated next to a sofa, a chair, or occasionally, a bed. Practicality aside, your choice in a side table is a great way to add a touch of color or texture that can reflect your personality and style. Here are 10 tips to keep in mind as you begin your hunt for the perfect side table:
1. Height is an important characteristic for a side table. Ideally, a side table will be two and a half to four centimeters shorter than the furniture it's nestled up to. Our Zinc Drum Stool and our Jupiter Side Table are the perfect height for bedside or chair side. They make an eye catching statement as well.
2. Consider what you'll want to display on your side table. Our beautiful streamlined Athena Side table offers the right amount of surface space for a lamp and a stack of favorite reads. It has been designed to nestle around a sofa or bed.
3. Less is more when it comes to accessorizing. If you've decorated with a lot of patterns and upholstery, stick with a clean and simple side table. Our Mols Square Side table is a perfect side kick to busy fabrics.
4. On the other hand, a side table can add an element of interest to a more monochromatic contemporary living design. Our Lamp Side Table or our Square London Table aren't visually demanding, and their natural looking rattan will add just a touch of interest and texture.
5. Keep side table use to a minimum. Two chairs positioned next to each other can share on table. A sofa can accommodate two side tables, but consider the space in your room first to avoid the mistake of overcrowding.
6. The material that your side table is made of is important. A metal, marble, or glass topped side table can be the perfect resting spot for your favorite beverage. Satara's Venus Side Table is an excellent choice for a side table that can be used for entertaining.
7. What do you want your side table to store? Our Nordic Side Table Set of Two and our Dovetail Side Table can nestle neatly as one table, or they can be used apart for double surface storage. Our Log Side Table offers extra storage with its lower shelf.
8. Since side tables are an accessory, they can be a little more bold and daring than a large piece of furniture should be. Our Zenn Side Table and our UFO stool really make a statement with their noteworthy shape and style.
9. Don't be afraid to mix and match side tables. While matching tables are fine, two different tables in made of the same material or color will look amazing. Try our Solar Stool with our Solo Side Table together. The metal and gold character they share will keep your decor cohesive.
10. Most importantly, make sure you love your side table. If you're not sure that you really like it, keep looking for the one that's just right for your taste. We're certain that Satara has the perfect side table for you!